Thursday, August 4, 2016

Book Review

LIFE AND DEATH 

by Stephenie Meyer 



Life And Death was released on the 10th anniversary of Twilight series and as said on the title, it is twilight story reimagined. 

Basically, it is twilight but still a whole new book. Bella is a boy and Edward is a girl. All genders are reversed so it is a ''what if'' version of Twilight.


If you guys do not know, Twilight series is definitely one of my very favorites.
However, it was a bit wierd for me and slightly uncomfortabl, let me explain.
I really liked the idea of knowing what if things happened this way and what if the end was different. 
But from the very beginning the name ''Beau'' or ''Beaufort'' instead of Bella wasn't easy to digest along with other names. I didn't have much problem with the name ''Edythe'' as replacement for Edward beacause the character was strong and convincing and I liked her and her attitude , she was a good female Edward. 


Besides, Twilight series is my most reread books and I couldn't help comparing characters ans actions especially that most scenes in Life and Death and Twilight are similar. 


The character of ''Beau'' didn't convince me and I kept comparing it to Bella's. It just felt weaker and it made it hard for me to disassociate the actions and dialogues from the original characters . But hey that is just my feeling. 


All in all, I was really happy with the book, actually I was nearly flipping when I heard about it, and I got it ASAP. Do not get confused guys I have very mixed feelings about the whole thing.


It was a fun read and I was delighted to be back to Twilight world one more time.
I had lots of what ifs before and the book basically answered most of them and that pleased me.


 That is all for now. I hope you enjoyed it and we will meet again next time around. 



                            MariemHW
                           My Facebook Page



No comments:

Post a Comment